L.A. Care Cal MediConnect Plan members have a new benefit for 2021! You now have a $35 allowance to spend on over-the-counter (OTC) health items. The $35 allowance is loaded on your Healthy Benefits Plus card each month.
Use your Healthy Benefits Plus card to buy items in-store. You can use it at CVS, WalMart, Ralphs and Food for Less. You can also order by phone, or go online at the WalMart website. Unused funds do not roll over. All funds expire on December 31, 2021.
Choose from thousands of OTC products.
Your $35 allowance can be used to buy these types of approved OTC health products:
- Allergy, sinus, cold and flu, pain relief
- Dental and oral health
- Diabetes care
- Digestive health
- Eye and ear care
- Feminine hygiene
- First aid
- Home health care and daily living
- Sleep and snoring
- Smoking cessation
- Supports, braces and wraps
- Vitamins and supplements
The Healthy Benefits Plus mobile app makes it easy when in a store. Scan an item’s bar code to see if it’s approved.
It’s easy to get started.
L.A. Care Cal MediConnect Plan Members received their card early this year. New members will get the card in the mail about two to three weeks after the coverage start date. If you don’t get your card, call L.A. Care at 1.888.522.1298 (TTY 711).
Having the Healthy Benefits Plus app on your mobile phone helps a lot! View your account balance and transactions. You can also check if a product is approved while you’re shopping in-store. Get the free app in the App Store® or Google Play™.
Please call us if you need help or more info:
Your choice of three ways to shop.
View our FAQ page for more details about your benefit and how to shop.
Important information about your allowance.
- All products purchased are subject to the retailers’ return/exchange policies.
- Retail outlets are CVS, WalMart, Ralphs and Food for Less. Online ordering is available only through the WalMart website.
- Only approved products are covered. You are responsible for paying the amount of any purchases over the value on your card, and any non-approved items.
- Only the member who was issued the card can use it to make purchases.
- If your card is lost or stolen, request a replacement card online at HealthyBenefitsPlus.com/LACareCMC or call 1-833-832-7309 (TTY 711).
- If your phone order is lost or stolen call Healthy Benefits Plus at 1-833-832-7309 (TTY 711) with your order number. For lost or stolen online orders, go to Walmart's customer service web page.
- You can begin submitting orders once your coverage starts.
- There are no shipping costs for phone and online orders over $35
Over-the-counter benefits are administered by Solutran®, an independent company. All brands listed are trademarked by their respective manufacturers. Brands and item eligibility are subject to change.
L.A. Care Health Plan is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and Medi-Cal to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees.