L.A. Care's mission is to provide access to quality health care for Los Angeles County's most low income individuals and communities. We have many years of experience serving seniors and people with disabilities.
- Serve 160,000 seniors and people with disabilities
- Provide accessible exam equipment to nearly 2/3 of L.A. County's safety net clinics
- Conduct onsite inspections of 1,200+ doctor's offices to determine accessibility
- Provide member materials in alternative formats, such as Braille, large-print and audio
- Provide free interpreter services and American Sign Language (ASL) videos explaining why it's important to use interpreters
- Conduct disability training for all L.A. Care staff
- Offer free health education and physical fitness classes for seniors and people with disabilities at Family Resource Centers